How do I check my driver versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I have to completely remove the card or just uninstall/disable the drivers?

That didn't solve the problem. I've got new symptoms though. When I went to a LAN party, I couldn't join any of the games we tried to lan (age 2 + 3 and quake 3). I was not able to see any internet games for quake, and I couldn't connect to ES online for Age 3. I could get on their internet and play cod and dow2, but no one could see any game I hosted, nor could I see any game hosted, no matter whether I was connected via wireless, ethernet, or even ethernet directly into the other pc. Two of the other computers were running vista 64 ultimate as well, and they had no problems.

Also, I haven't been able to connect to the servers in lotro since the last patch even though I selected unblock when windows firewall prompted me. I tried it with AVG uninstalled as well. It didn't work.

This is really weird. Mak said realtek drivers don't work, and that is what I have for my LAN. What alternative drivers should I get?

Is it possible something besides the LAN portion of the mobo is causing this?

no i think you misunderstood mak. if your LAN is realtek, their drivers work. so, you can connect to the plain ol' internet through your LAN port on the mobo? but you are having game trouble, right?

Yeah, I can get internet and browse like I'm doing now, but I am having game trouble, and problems connecting to some servers and stuff. AVG can't do it, and neither could pbsetup or driver detective.

Cod 4+5 work online, but the online coop in cod5 does not work.

Since I patched lotro, it does not work. I can connect with the client and log on, but I fail to connect to the servers.

Dow2 works online, and I have lanned it, but sometimes I get nat negotiation errors when trying to connect to some people.

Others stuff does not work. I tried lanning age 2, 3, and quake 3, and I couldn't see any games nor could they see mine. I was connected to the network, and able to use my net browsers and play cod online at the lan location.

When I was trying to play age3, I was getting the protection stub thing: cpratt: Protection Stub has stopped working redux
I did all that, but I already had the option selected to only use it for windows files, and I tried just adding the exception. The error was gone, and it is still gone now that I reverted back to having it on only for windows programs as makes sense, but I still can't connect with my net.

And, as I said, UT3 does not work.

Also, on a side note, when I right click a game icon, and I go into properties compatibility tab, it will not let me select run as administrator. It will not let me deselect it either. I know it worked before because I had to check the box to get lotro working in the first place. I don't know if this is connected or not. Also, UAC being disabled shouldn't be causing any of this, should it?

I explained the measures I have already taken in an earlier post.

i notice youa re using a router. have you tried forwarding the ports of each game that is not working? i doubt that will work, but you can try it. sounds like you have some wacky software running somewhere causing you grief. if it was the LAN of the mobo, nothing would work right...and you wouldnt be able to surf the net.

Yeah, I've done the port thing and ran in DMZ. I've even hooked an ehternet cable directly to another pc, and it didn't work.

Do you have any suggestions for finding out which software it is? Are you sure it isn't an incorrect setting somewhere? Edit: Tried to find this out with a safe boot, but even when I safe boot with network, I can't get internet, and the video drivers it loads couldn't handle a game anyway.

Would it be better to make another topic for this in the internet connections or OS forums?

might not hurt to move it to the internet section. no, im not sure its not an incorrect setting somewhere, i am not familiar with that motherboard. i just lean towards a software problem as it is intermittent, and only happens with certain games. as far as suggestions for finding the culprit...man o man, check and see what processes are running when it fails.

This was during lotro:

The second one is from a selective startup where I disabled all non windows startup services. It still didn't work.

I also did this Tracert thing:
URL=http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tracertf.jpg]
tracertf.jpg
[/URL]

Attachments

• task manager processes 1.jpg
    task manager processes 1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 15
  • processes selective startup.jpg
    processes selective startup.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 22
Status