How To Check Brand New Hard Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwvirk

Solid State Member
Hello friends,

I got some doubt and need your help to find out some solution:

I want to buy an additional HD for my desktop C2Q.

My friend is giving me 1500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 32MB cache HD on just half of the actual (market) price.

He said he brought it and somehow his PC was not supporting this HD and he need money and wants to sale it.

I'm little bit confused and not sure. Sometime thinking that there might be some problem and he just wants to get rid of this.

I want to know how I can check if this HD is new and was not used at all.
Or if he used it then how I can check that HD is 100% ok and reliable and it will not give me any problem.

At last I will say that my friend is giving me as a brand new HD but for some reason I cannot take any risk and want to be sure before I take it and use it.

NOW:

>>> i only want to know if this hard disk is 100% free of all fault/errors.

>>> i was reading in another forum that seagate 1.5tb & 2tb drive are having some problems and its freezing - seagate later release some firmware updates to fix this problem.

Need your help. Thanks.

>>> i only want to know if this hard disk is 100% free of all fault/errors.
You can run a chkdsk on it when you receive it.

>>> i was reading in another forum that seagate 1.5tb & 2tb drive are having some problems and its freezing
Yes, there are such problems with the 7200.11 drives, like the one in question. No idea if they have firmware updates for it.

If you're worried your friend might try to dump a faulty drive on you for money then I would say they ain't a very good friend.

You can run a chkdsk on it when you receive it.

Yes, there are such problems with the 7200.11 drives, like the one in question. No idea if they have firmware updates for it.

If you're worried your friend might try to dump a faulty drive on you for money then I would say they ain't a very good friend.

thank u - and thnx for ur help - like good friend like u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom