How can i trouble shoot my USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

khadeja

Solid State Member
when ever i store a word document in my usb and open to check if its is stored properly ,it doesnt gives any error in reading the word document . But when i remove and replug my usb again and again try to read that document it shows erreor that Microsoft word needs some converter to read that file .It is giving this error to this specific documnet while the rest of document in my usb are working well .....what should i do .is there some virus in my USB?if there is how can i remove it?:confused:

could just be an effect of delay...copy files to the hard drive...do they work normally from there?

File are in my system which i want to store in my USB.yes i am working with one copy of word and version i am using is i guess 2003 one
it is that specific document that is causing problem ...rest of word doc are working fine

that doc file may be damaged...so you need to try and save it now....

How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive in Word 2003 or in Word 2002 (Part 1)

look for:
Does the problem only occur with a particular document (or collection of documents)?

if you are able to successfully open it, then I suggest copying it's contents into a new document...but do not make a copy of the file. I hope that's not confusing right? ;)

but it could just mean you have not updated your app....get the service pack if you have not done so already. I know I had to put up with this "converter" message because the last place I worked at, the tech guy never bothered to update my office apps. Different versions of Office all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom