How to bring VHS onto Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

heifsin85

Baseband Member
Ok fellas, here is my situation. I have a dvd/vhs player (dvd part is broken). I need to get a vhs onto my computer. I was thinking hooking up the dvd with the yellow and red rcas to my 7900gt video card (there is a adapter that hooks onto video card with yellow and red rca inputs). Now I tried hooking my tv up this way for the **** of it, and the computer screen projected onto the tv. now i need to do the opposite. I need the vhs from the player to project onto my monitor. Is there a program (perferably freeware) where I can then save/record the video onto my harddrive?
Thanks

You need VIVO (video in video out) for that.

You could purchase the Hauppauge PVR-150 (TV Tuner/Capture) to do it.

bmxfreakrider said:
um, dude those are vid "outs" not ins. to do that just get a usb thing that got rca inputs on it, they go for about 40 bux, instead of 150-250 im expectin that card /\ probably costs.
Lol, dont worry, I didnt buy a 7900gt to record a vhs onto my computer. But, I suspected it wouldnt work. Just wanted to make sure though.

bah, the 7900GT is bound to have VIVO if my X800GTO does. it probably has that AVIVO thing, whatever the "A" does. do you have a VIVO box, that you plug into the s-vid port? mine gives me s-vid in and out, and a composite in and out.

you can use that no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom