How about doing RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.

cichlidkeeper91

In Runtime
I am wanting to do RAID on my Emachine T6520. I have 3 SATA Drives and am wanting to do RAID 0. I got the Drivers to do it but I need to do it with a floppy but no floppies and no floppy drive. Is there any other way of doing RAID?

For raid0 you only need 2 drives. Are you looking to reinstall windows on this array? If so you can use nlite and slipstream your drivers into a install disk. Keep in mind raid0 is good for os and programs but you do not want critical data on it unless you have regular backups. If one of the drives fails you loose all data on both disks.

Are you using a pci sata raid card with this setup?

For raid0 you only need 2 drives. Are you looking to reinstall windows on this array? If so you can use nlite and slipstream your drivers into a install disk. Keep in mind raid0 is good for os and programs but you do not want critical data on it unless you have regular backups. If one of the drives fails you loose all data on both disks.

Are you using a pci sata raid card with this setup?

Yeah, like hefemeister said, RAID0 is really only good if you want speed, or for gaming. It provides no fault tolerance.

Just a thought, it is possible to place RAID drivers on a USB flash disk and install them? I've only ever tried it with a floppy. Might be worth a shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom