Hot !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulius

Beta member
hi everybody !!!
i have got a problem : i start to play any game and after 5 min my PC reports that CPU temp is 75 C and i need to shut it down.its just became like that a few days ago.my PC is Pentium 4 with stock heatsink.probably i need a better heatsink&thermal paste? i hope it's not too late.can i still use my PC?any good heatsink and good thermal paste? thanks!!!

Have you tried cleaning the dust out of your case and parts?

Pick up a can of compressed air at about any office supply place. Read and follow the directions. Be sure to unplug your comp before you open it up, and to ground yourself.

hi trotter!!!thanx for suggestions.
i built my PC half year ago it should not be very dusty inside,but i'll try -it might help.i have read so many stories about not properly installed heatsinks ,burned thermal pads and burned processors and so on... :eek: by the way my case is BeanTech full acrylic (maybe that...?!?)
p.s. now i can play only online quests in only text ,but man-it rocks(i love quests)
p.p.s my idle PSU temp :53 C mobo abit 3rd eye

An idle of 53? Geez, that's hot. My load runs about that (54).

When you clean it out, be sure to remove the fan from your heatsink and blow it out good, as well as blowing out the fins of the heatsink itself.

You might want to look into a new HSF. ThermalTake and Zalman are very highly recommended around here. You may also want to look into a case fan. Heck, even a new fan on your heatsink might make a big difference.

Make sure that your wires are tied up and back so that they do not disrupt air flow as well.

what CPU are u running?

Intel P4 prescott cores run alot hotter, but i got mine down to 33 idle.

I would suggest some AS5 and the heatsink listed in my sig.

**** me your CPU's are hot, I stuck a fan on with sellotape until I can be arsed to get a new fan, my CPU runs idle around 23-33C ATM until I get new fan, mine is pretty jumpy.

i really doubt that, probably a bug but if u cpu is faster than a p2 u have to be joking.

my P4 prescott runs often at 52 degrees idle with stock heatsink and antec silver; but its totally depending on room/ambient temperature. Currently its cool in this room so its at 45 degrees......Paul, buy some Artic silver and cleaner and reapply the new thermal paste and I guarantee you'll see a drop in temps....if you have more money get an aftermarket heatsiink/fan like a zalman 7700.....let us know!

if you dont know what p4 you have download this:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=425&file=10&evp=9fa537735df45be624552939e1c5d14c

hi guyz! thanx for writing :) definetly i'll put a good thermal paste and maybe a good heatsink too.just waiting for the wages...;) i 'll let u know how is gonna go.see ya !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom