hooking EVS up to computer (speakers) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2007, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via AIM to hitm4n666
Default hooking EVS up to computer (speakers)

ok well i purchased 4x 10 inch EV speakers for my car when i get my licesne
(i know its a typo) any ways for now i like to listen to my music on the computer alot and how can i hook them up to my computer?? i got a 1000 wat hyfonics amp for them and all i need is now to hook them up like do i buy a adapter or something??

Old 10-05-2007, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: hooking EVS up to computer (speakers)

Ok, here is what you need to do.
Your car amp is designed to run on 12 volts DC. Not 110~120AC from your wall. You can get a transformer unit that will convert your wall power down to 12VDC. You then run the + and - accordingly. The amp will also have a signal or ignition wire. This is so the amp will only turn on if the car or car stereo is on. This is to prevent the amp from drawing on your battery when the car is off. Refer to the amps manual to what it allows. With out that sending a signal the amp will not turn on.

If you got the above good, hook up the speakers. Get a stereo 3.5mm jack to two RCA plug Y cable. I'll provide a link for that and the power transformer, just ask.

Am I correct. You purchased a bass cabinet to use as speakers/ subs?

Old 10-08-2007, 10:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via AIM to hitm4n666
Default Re: hooking EVS up to computer (speakers)

yes and no 2x golds for voice 2x whites for bass
Closed Thread