home build problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesson81

Baseband Member
OKay I built my first home build about a couple of months ago, but I havn't started to use it because it's still missing some of the drivers. I also have other general questions.:

Intel Quad, 8 GB memory, Windows vista 64... Asus motherboard

1.) when I start up it goes through the boot process, takes a while. The boot up it recognizes the memory @ 800 speed, when I know it's 1066... Is that normal??

2.) for some reason, it says hard drive not detected, but it doen't matter becasue it does get to windows, which means there is a hard drive there... ( and i know it because i put it there, werstern digital 1TB)

3.)When windows boots up it askes if I want to let windows find and install the "intel (r) ICH10R SATA AHCI controller", I allow it to find it it works for a minute or two, and says "problem intstalling driver, driver not intended for this platform". It didn't say that word for word, but close to it. Can I find this Driver and install it myself?? Where can I find it??

Thanks for your help. I'm going to start with these issues and I Think i will have many more.....Thnks

1) need to change ram settings in bios.
2) hard drive not detected is the raid utility looking for an array that does not exists. can be turned off in bios but not a problem.
3) what motherboard do you have? Need to find the Vista 64bit driver for the sata controller on Asus's website.

Hey, thanks for your response..

I have an ASUS P5Q PRo MOBO. I'll see if I can find the Driver on their website.

Do you know how I can turn off the "HD not DETECTED"??? Which Bios menu?? or is it in the Bios??

How easy is it to Change the memory settings in the Bios??

Thanks again

They do have the vista 64bit driver on the website.

For the hard drive I do believe it is in Advanced / onboard device configuration.
Set marvell ide to disabled.

For the ram take a look in bios under dram frequency. by default it is set to auto. Take a look at the options. what ram do you have as it is possible that a change to dram volts may be needed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom