Hmmmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEELERGLENN

In Runtime
when i walk away and leave my computer on it locks up or even if it resumes i have to reboot because it works i mean real real real slow i have to reboot every time i leave it idle? what is the answers standby mode? but every time i walk away i have to put it in standby mode?

What that usually means is that your system resources are being hogged. Newer computers generally have no problem coming out of standby mode. I have noticed that if I am burning a DVD or doing something that is using a lot of resources, and my comp goes into standby mode, coming out of standby mode is a bit of a chore and usually takes a while.

What are your comp's specs?

EDIT: I also moved this to the troubleshooting section, as it doesn't really pertain to building any computers :confused:

With specs like that, it shouldn't really be slowing down on you.

However, it is a laptop, and likely has a 5400rpm hard drive, which certainly doesnt help.

I'll give you a few things to check:

1) How much CPU and RAM are being used up when idle, but not in sleep mode? This can be checked from task manager.

2) What kind of power saving options do you have turned on? Things like turning hard drives off, etc will all slow the 'awakening' of a laptop.

Laptops are coming with lots of unnecessary software inside. Probabaly one of these softwares starts running when the computer is idle. I dont think its a virus because most laptops have a virus scanner installed, mostly Norton. I recommend you to do following:

1) Detect all softwares in your computer that you dont use
2) Search from internet and learn more about these softwares in order to do not delete something critical by mistake
3) Uninstall it after being sure that the software is unnecessary

I also recommend you to uninstall Norton and setup a new virus scanner which cause less cpu usage like AVG

If all these doesnt work, well... then my theory is that the graphics card causing this problem because in the laptops graphic cards are using RAM which cause slow system work. Maybe when your computer is idle your graphic card just get crazy for a reason :confused:

1) How much CPU and RAM are being used up when idle, but not in sleep mode? This can be checked from task manager.

2) What kind of power saving options do you have turned on? Things like turning hard drives off, etc will all slow the 'awakening' of a laptop.

1) Detect all softwares in your computer that you dont use

how do i check these things?

What kind of power saving options do you have turned on? Things like turning hard drives off, etc will all slow the 'awakening' of a laptop.

what about these options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom