Hitachi visionbook 4000 usb...

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrunnerhemi

Solid State Member
Hey! Well I'm new here so here goes...

Alright I know ya'll are gonna laugh, but someone gave me a hitachi visionbook 4000 plus. Said the battery was dead... LOL took it home plugged it in and let it charge over night and it charged to 100% and runs for 1.2 hrs approx.

anyways, Its a p1 133mhz MMX (wooo thats cookin! :p ) with 16 megs of ram.. again please refrain from laughing. :)

It had 95 on it. The usb port worked in 95 , but I could not get a WUSB11 wireless usb card to work with it. I didn't think to try any other usb devices, but the system at least recognized the usb bus.

I wanted to install 98 on it so I would have better support for programs. I got an old copy of 98SE and ... well it was a nightmare installing. I could only use the floppy OR Cd rom , not both at the same time. So I finally copied all the needed files to the hard drive with the usb to get the cd rom to boot and installed 98. Well shortly thereafter, I couldnt get the usb to work in 98. It showed up in the device manager, but said it was an unknown driver. So I reinstalled windows and made sure the usb was enabled in bios ( IRQ 10 or 11) and now it doesn't even recognize the usb. There is power going to it ( LED lights up on stuff I plug into it) but the usb does not work and is not recognized by windows. I had also updated the BIOS with a newer version.. I think that might have been what did me in.

Everywhere I read says that the 4000 plus has the USB disabled due to power problems with the bus.. stupid, why would they include the usb anyways if it doesnt work?! :rolleyes:

Well .. I know it worked in 95... soooo , can I get it to work in 98? is it a driver problem in the OS or bios related? Remember anything I do to it has to be burned to a CD or floppy because I have no way of connecting the pc to another one right now.

Any help? thanks bunches!

LOL its no april fools joke... It was my physics teacher's laptop ( I go to a private christian school in town for a few classes) and he knows nothing about pc's, and is retiring at the end of this semester. So.. all his old deskpro's and toshiba sattelites go ( the old ones, most everything are P1's)

anyways... does anyone have any sugguestions? I want to be able to use the laptop for my guitar programs, and to store tabs and sheet music and stuff so its easy to take with me places. Oh yeah, since I installed 98, I also installed E-media guitar method and it wont work for some reason.. says error reading the director player ( w/e that is) file, and it asks "where is GM1.dcr?" LOL I don't know you dumb program..

annyways, I have tried reinstalling the program and it didnt fix it. Maybe my OS is messed up? :confused: ( yeah I know its windows so its messed up from the factory) but maybe I need to reinstall :again: ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom