Hissing Motherboard or CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you been programming in Python again ? :p Wow, that is peculiar. I know nothing about Windows 7 as I haven't installed it or read up on it much, but is there something driver-wise that could be downloaded from Microsoft in regard to certain hardware and Aero ? I have no idea if there is anything like that possible, but it was a thought.

Have you reinstalled graphics drivers by chance? The sound appears because more power is going through the card, and causing one (or more) of the capacitors to whine. My graphics card does this as well during intense sessions. Aero is after all, a more graphical-intense theme than non-Aero.

Hmmm, yeah. That actually makes sense, though I'm not sure I'd like my graphics card hissing at me :p

Iuno, usually the hissing is a sign of a failure to come, you might want to ring up your manufacturer and see if they'll get you a replacement.

I had the same thing... Not sure if it disappeared now or its drowned out by the extra fan. But yeah it would be in sync with scrolling and strange. Not annoying or anything, but odd.

Hmmm, yeah. That actually makes sense, though I'm not sure I'd like my graphics card hissing at me :p

Iuno, usually the hissing is a sign of a failure to come, you might want to ring up your manufacturer and see if they'll get you a replacement.

My card did it from day 1, and still does it. Runs fine ;).

Age of empires 3 causes my card to do it now.. Just started this morning when I went to play. Soon as I exit out of the game, or even alt-tab to the desktop it goes away. Incredibly annoying, its louder than the usual scroll hiss, have to either put my earbuds in or turn up the speakers to play aoeIII now.

Photoshop causes the hiss a lot as well, smudging, zooming, every other feature pretty much, but its not loud so its not a problem. The AOEII hissing is loud, and a problem.

Maybe RMA my card? It's an XFX 4850 so lifetime warranty, not really sure what to do.

It's weird though, only that game causes it to make the noise that loud. It's probably the least demanding game I play. Crysis, street fighter 4, dawn of war, prototype, none of them cause it to hiss, and all of them are considerable better looking and far newer.

I've also noticed the top sites feature of Safari causes it occasionally when you pass the mouse over the windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom