High Temp CPU - Intel Q9550

Status
Not open for further replies.

D0n LuQu3

Beta member
hi,

i have recently built a pc for the first time and everything is fine but one thing is worrying me:

my cpu idles at around 40 degrees C wen browsin the internet etc. however wen in games its a different story. i was runnin l4d on max graphics the other day and wen i exited 1 of the cores was up to 67 degrees!!! im assuming thus cant be good however there was no adverse effects the game was still running smoothly etc and once i quite the game it returned to the normal temp, or is this just the temp that this processor runs at?

could this hav anything to do with the fact that wen i was placing the cpu fan on the cpu the holes that it should click into on the motherboard would not align perfectly no matter which way i put the fan in, only 3 of the 4 push down clips would clip in. eventually i managed to get all 4 in but the last one is not properly in only 70% i would say but it is still completely solid and wont move..

any ideas?

thanks

There shouldn't be an issue getting the heatsink in there, so you should adjust that first. It'll be a tight fit and it might seem like you're breaking the board but you're not, it's meant to be like that. Also 67 isn't bad for stock cooling. If you get over 70's then you should think about investing in aftermarket cooling.

What are your ambient temps in the room?

the thermal paste comes pre applied to the hsf. Also the stock hsf is fine if you're not going to be overclocking, it does the bare minimum for cooling, and unless it's going to start getting hotter where you are then I wouldn't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom