High Pitch Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

corella97

Solid State Member
There is a High Pitch sound that comes and goes from the back of my Antec Sonata II case. At first, I thought it was the battery backup/power surge protector that I added but I got a little closer and it was coming from the back of the case. I don't know if it's the power supply that's making the noise or something else but I never had that problem. Could it be that the power supply is failing? Or could it be that it's not getting enough power to it from the battery back up that I recently added? It makes the high pitch sound if the tower is powered on and when it's off, that is why I am very confused. Can somebody please help me with this problem? Thanks for your time.

Could you shutdown the computer, and then physically turn off the power supply, and if it still makes the sound, unplug it, and see if it still does? If it stops when you turn off the supply itself, it could very well be the supply is going bad.

Is it very hard to change the power supply on a tower? I built my computer but the power supply (450 watts) came built with it. Do you have any suggestions?

No it is not hard to change a power supply, however it is hard to reconnect everything if you have no prior knowledge.

I manually turned off the power supply, as soon as I turned it on it made the high pitch noise. The computer still turns on but I don't think I should continue using it until I change the power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom