hi hi hi, with regards newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfhiew8

Beta member
hi everybody. hopes everything good to you guys and gals.

i am newbie with little or supposedly IT guy whom has some problems with my PC. It is 11 months year old with no modifications or upgrades ever made.
but now, my PC cant boot. monitor screen blank, keyboard,mouse no lights.

can anybody there enlighten me of what could be the problem. the CPU fan is running. hard disk just spinned and then nothing .

i was told by some guys i should check the RAM first, remove it and then replace with new one. if still problem, use external HDD to boot, if still problem , could be the motherboard???

well, i hope you people can help me out rather than me sending to repair shop.

thanks in advance.:

Hey hfhiew8
Welcome-to-TF.png

You should check to make sure, that everything is properly connected.

Have you tried putting the RAM in different slots? What about trying another graphic card?

when you push the power button dose the computer beep at all? depending on the motherboard, the computer will *usually* beep once when the POST is finish (power on self test, it basically makes sure all the hardware is operational) if your computer normally beeps and is not beeping now, you probably have a motherboard failure.
here is a list of other beep codes sorted by bios manufacture. you should keep this bookmarked even if it dose not help you in this situation.
Computer Post / Beep codes

hi hi hi yourself, umm listen for beeping (its usually very loud so listening isnt really optional!) have you checked the monitor cable and tried a different monitor, also check that everything is seated on the mobo correctly

Thanks for all kind people there, i have finally delivered back to the shop, it was determined theat mobo is faulty. thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom