Heres one for you...(Firewire issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_PC

In Runtime
Ok so My pc Is fully working(well I still get artifacts every now and then in quake 4 demo) after my third replacement 7900GT but ive given up getting a perfect one to be honest.

Anyway, I have an external hardrive which Is USB or Firewire. USB works fine, however firewire will not work with the On-Board firewire at the back of the mobo). However, it works most of the time using the front port which is connected to the Front port firewire connection on the motherboard.

When I go into device manager i get a Exclamation mark in a yellow circle by the "Disk drive" and the device status is "This device cannot start(Code 10)"
PS: whenever i connect the drive i still get that sound windows makes when it detects new hardware.

Ive looked everywhere for the answer and tried everything.

Thanks for looking!

Ive now Got it to come up normally in device manager, but It is still not recognized as a drive in my computer and after around 5 mins it will turn itself off.

On board firewire might be bad. Did you install and update all necessary drivers with the mobo utility CD?

yup, All drivers have been installed and updated. Im not sure if it wont work for all devices because i dont have anything else that uses firewire.

I think that onboard firewire port may be bad...but not sure how to fix that. Maybe your mobo website has a troubleshooting guide or bios update?

I would just use the front side firewire port or buy another firewire/usb pci card.

I guess its not worth sending the mobo back for that, so ill just have to put up with it. Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom