Help! Stuck Pixel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibbles8

Beta member
I recently purchased a new LCD screen that came with a stuck red pixel smack dab in the middle of the screen. This is very irritating when playing a game or watching a movie. The pixel wouldn't even bother me, however, if it wasn't directly in the middle -- where it is almost impossible to ignore.

I have tried virtually everything to fix it, including pressure methods (massage the pixel with your finger behind a cloth, tap it with a pencil eraser, put pressure on the pixel while turning on/off the monitor) and screen flashing methods (countless programs that randomly flash colors in hopes of rejuvenating that pesky pixel). The only thing I haven't tried is leaving one of these programs on the pixel for more than 6 hours.

So, I guess my question is: Am I out of luck? I've heard that these stuck pixels can fix themselves over time, is that true? Should I leave one of the screen flashing programs on for more than 6 hours, or is there any point?

Basically, any help would be greatly appreciated.

if it's still within the store's return policy, just take it back. Most stores should take it back, I know mine does.

If it's not you could TRY calling the manufactuer but they usually only replace it if so many pixels go bad within a certain area. Can't hurt to try.

usually their is a 10 day dead pixel return policy (not exactly 10days but something like that)

I had 3 stuck pixels before on one screen, and I fixed them all by turning off the monitor, applying pressure with a pen through a piece of cloth, then sorta make like i was giving the pen a handjob. and WHILE i was doing that, i turned the screen on and off repeatedly. worked for me! tho i had to keep doing it for about 3 mins.

I have heard it said that if you can get something to show on the monitor that is the same color as the stuck pixel it will un-stick itself

None of the online material has every helped me and this happened to 2 Samsung screens. My solution: don't buy a Samsung product. Their quality assurance has gone down the shitter.

Just return or exchange it for a new one. Don't fix it. Once samsung begins to see the amount of returns they will hopefully do something to address the issues. I've always liked samsung, I own 2 monitors though I had to exchange one of them. faulty harware is very common in a demanding industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom