HELP! Sony Vaio PCV-W20 LCD problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

drznit

Beta member
Hi everyone.

This is my first post to this great forum. I tried searching and could not find any info specific to my problem and am hoping you can help me.

I have a Vaio PCV-W20 that was purchased in 11/02 and has since been used in our kitchen for the wife and kids. It gets a pretty good daily work out.

A few months ago the screen went black. I initially thought it was a software issue until I realized I could just barely see windows in the lcd screen but it was very, very dark. Almost black.

I replaced the inverter and it fixed part of the problem but now I only get a visible screen for a few seconds and it goes black again.

For example this is what I see when the box boots up:

Sony splash screen for a 2 or 3 seconds

Bios screen loading 2 or 3 seconds

Black screen 15 to 20 seconds while HD is cranking along

Blue screen for 1 or 2 seconds

Black again even after I hear windows completly load.

I tried changing the display settings and each time I do I get an image for a brief second or two and then back to a black screen.

I tried booting into the bios screen on startup and the same thing occures, a visible image for a second or two and then black screen.

Anyone know whats wrong?

Thanks
Steve

sounds like a video issue try the monitor on another system see if it works and if it does replece the graphics card. if these are integrated graphics still put in a graphics card if the monitor works on another system.

Sony Vaio PCV-W20

Hi i am haveing same issue with my Sony Vaio PCV-W20 i think its the lamps or inverter anyone fix this problem before

no not yet tried new inverter board and new bulbs in screen but did not help im taking a break from it for now its driveing me crazy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom