Help with Sata Hd and XP - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to Von Theron
Default Help with Sata Hd and XP

I finished putting my friends computer together. I pop the xp pro disk in and boot it up everything runs, but when i want to do a fresh install of windows i get a message saying there is no hard drive detected.After the Asus logo i get a message (No Drive connected to fast track Controller) Specs are= Mobo Asus Av8 Amd 3400 Socket 939 4x512mb corsair Dvd rom master dvdr slave and a WD 160Gb Sata. As far as i know sata drives dont need jumpers and this one is connected to the sata 1 slot in the mobo, power connected and i feel its working when its on(vibrations). What do i do now, is there a jumper on the motherboard? Mobo has a Sata 1 Sata 2 Raid 1 Raid 2 plugs. When i go into bios the dvd roms are being detected and the hard drive under via controller. I have it set up to boot from cd.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Re: Help with Sata Hd and XP

There is also a setting in bios to enable the SATA divices.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via AIM to Luke Send a message via MSN to Luke
Default Re: Help with Sata Hd and XP

this acctually happen to me once, i plugged in the hard drive and windows wasn't detecting it, i pulled out the cables and there was a little dust in them, blew i out and it worked fine.
Closed Thread