IWillBiteYou

Beta member
Rig Specs:

Intel i7 950 CPU Processor

GIGABYTE GA-X58-USB3 LGA 1366 Intel X58 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Corsair 6 GB (3x2GB) XMS3 DDR3 1333

EVGA Geforce GTX 460

Windows 7 32-bit (Reason below)

After building this rig I checked the computer specs and it is saying that 6GB is installed but 3.5 GB is usable. I may be guessing its because of the 32-Bit.

When installing I was only able to install the 32 bit OS WIndows 7 and not the 64-bit Windows 7 and i know that the CPU and the Mobo both support 64-bit.

I'm also speculating that either its the RAM problem of the 3.5 is usable and that is not letting me install the 64 bit. (Heard that resetting the CPU fixes that problem, is that true?)

How am I able to fix this so it can read all 6 GB and install Windows 7 64 Bit?

Your problem is that you are in 32bit. 32bit only recognizes a total of 4gb. In your case it sees 3.5gb system ram and .5gb graphics.

Why exactly can't you install 64bit? What happens when you try?

Started this rig with some help with some friends. Once we fitted everything, we proceed in installing the OS. During the process we tried to install x64 Windows 7 but the writing was stuck at 0%. We decided to wait but to no prevail. We tested other OS systems running at 64 bit as well and they wouldnt install. We werent sure what was wrong but we tried 32 bit x86 Windows 7 and it started to write on the HDD. We were thinking that the CPU only supported 32 bit but that was impossible since that was discontinued and I know that the CPU ran 64 bit. I checked the mobo too and it supported 64 bit as well. Now were just stuck here wondering whats wrong.

I guessing the problem is with the RAM. I'm thinking that not all the ram is being used and that is not allowing me to install 64 bit but i know people have installed the 64 bit windows 7 with 4 GB of RAM. All 6 GB is being read as well.

that doesn't sound right, the processor is fine and so is everything else. Are you using a Retail version of Windows or downloaded? maybe the 64bit is corrupted on that disk.

how old is this build?

Ram wouldn't do that and everything in your build is compatible. It does sound like something is corrupted try a format and reinstall and how long did you wait until assuming it wasn't working?

Yah same I'm completely confused right now because none of it sounds right either. We were thinking the disk was corrupted but we used other 64 bit systems and they didnt work as well unless they were all corrupted, the hardware shouldnt be the cause in not letting me install 64 bit though...

This build was just built, 2 days old now.

Okay from what i found out, apparently i have to go into my BIOs and enable 64 bit. Never thought of that. Looking at it the whole wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom