Help plz! Computer reboot problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtech0506

Beta member
I have two computers but 1 of my computers had a critical error. So it went to a blue screen and report the error and so I reboot.

Upon rebooting it went to my desktop and froze so I had to reboot again. Since my PC has no reset button I unplug the wire from wall socket and replug. But this time it loaded but it was a black screen with a message: "Reboot and select proper Boot device or Inser Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" and it won't boot!

I tried unplugging-replugging the wires, turning off the power button to restart, and alt-ctrl-delete but none worked and it always return to the black screen with the message.

Please I hope someone can help me soon. Thanks

Sounds like you have a hard drive failure- bad luck.
You do know that you can hold the power button in, and the system should turn off, right? If you keep unplugging, and plugging it may short something out over time. Try getting into BIOS and see if it sees the hard drive. If it does, you may be in luck, and just need to reset the BIOS. For the original problem, we need the error to form a diagnosis.

Yes I did press the power button to restart as well. So when I went to BIOS setup(F1) and selected the "BOOT" tab, it displays that no HDD, network, or floppy is installed. Only CD is installed. Its like the computer doesn't know that a hard drive is there. I'm so worried. I don't want to lose all the information on my hard drive. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom