Help PLZ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey_eater

Solid State Member
hey
i installed a new motherboard and i used my old harddisk with windows SP2 and win98 as the primary but when i try to boot it flicks a blue error and just restarts

AMD athlon XP 1800+
512 ram
was esc k7s5a
now ASROCK k7VT4A Pro

plz help
thx

so you have 2 partitions both are fat32 , one partition has win 98 and that is your primary, the second partition has win xp ...and you boot from the win 98 partition ? is this correct ?

what i think is wrong is that your old hard disk has the hal and drivers of your old mainboard, which will not work with your new mainboard. First back up any data you need , just in case.

normally did you get a boot screen, asking which os to start ?
do you still get the boot screen ?

yes, i still get the boot screen and i might just reinstall windows it seams like the easys and quickest thing to do.

tHx

in the long run yes

back up any data you may need first, just to be on the safe side.

basically all you have to do is boot from your xp cd like you are installing win xp...till it gets to the end of the text mode part where xp will find your partition, there should be an " R" for repair
( not to be confused with the repair console at the begining )
select the R it will install all new system files and a new hal .
you just may have to insert your cd that came with the mainboard and reactivate, all your progs should still be there.

I reinstalled a new mobo/proc ontop of a windows install It's a heavy pain.. took a lot of effort to get it to work right, still not stable completely.. just reinstall :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom