Help Please Very Annoying problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JumaadJ

Baseband Member
I just built a new computer and I set up my microphone today. When I am listening to music, using ventrilo, or any other audio software everything is fine. However, when I start counter-strike source up my Headphones emit some weird buzzing noise and my microphone has the same sound when I test it and when others hear it. Its a noise that starts as soon as I start the game.

Things that can be ruled out:

- headphones ( I tried two kinds )
- Hardware (It only does it in CS:S right?)
- Ventrilo ( I closed it and it still does it)
- Microphone ( It makes sound with or without it)

Thanks for everything in advance. I have googled/researched it alot and you guys are my last hope.

Have you tried going to the manufacturer's website (of the audio card) to see if there are newer drivers for it ? That would be a good place to start.

I guess before you look for drivers, you could open Device Manager and see if there is any problem with the card that is detected by Windows (in the DM). You can see if the device is working properly according to the dialog box. You know it isn't working right, but does Windows? You could check there. Also you can click the Troubleshooting button to see what comes up for details.

To vernong1992,

I noticed that my post was edited, did I post something that wasn't appropriately worded ? If so. I apologize, but would also like to know what it was so that I don't do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom