Help please! System won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can reset the CMOS by taking out the silver circular battery (the CMOS battery). A little smaller than a nickel, and thinner too. There will be a clip to release it, not too hard to pry it loose.

Leave it out for 5-10 minutes, reinstall the battery, make sure it is seated. Then reboot. Plug And Play stuff will be recognized by the system, other stuff may need to be changed manually. Have you configured your (a) BIOS before ? You may need to tweak some. Not too bad.

Couldn't it be a ram issue or something?

I guess it could be. Not sure, but you could try running Memtest86. That seems to help people when testing RAM. I haven't used it personally.

Now when i turn it on i get this screen, that says the bios is initializing. it's like frozen on that screen. what does that mean?

Plus, while it's on this black, plain screen for only a few minutes, my graphics card becomes extraordinarily hot, almost too hot to touch. What is up with that?

I can't really tell from the pics... do you have the extra power plugged up to the card? Is the fan on the card running?

do you have the extra power plugged up to the card? Is the fan on the card running?

Yes and yes.

I got everything to work once, it booted up to windows (after i called to activate it) and things seemed fine. I shut it off because i hadn't installed the sound card yet and there was no cable supplying power to the DVD drives, but when i put those in it wouldn't turn on. I took the sound card back out, and it turned on but now it is frozen at the "initializing" bios flash screen. I tried clearing it, tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, nothing...it still freezes at that screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom