Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy

Beta member
Can anyone help please ? Have just retrieved my External Data Storage box from my teenage son's bedroom in a state of disrepair (to say they least). Have managed to screw the thing back togther but have now plugged it into my computer and it will not recognise it as a drive. Has anybody any suggestions as this disk contains all our photos from the last six years and I don't know if my eldest will survive the fallout when he comes home tonight, because at the moment my husband is very calm and that is very worrying. Would appreciate any help.

Make sure your USB connector is working. Open your device manager on your computer and scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controllers to see if it's working. If a yellow balloon appears next to the icon that means it's not. Have you tried plugging it into any other USB ports? Also I don't think there would be, but if there is a driver for it you may have to reinstall the driver. Usually there is no drivers for external storage though.

Some details on what exactly is a "state of disrepair" might shed some light on the problem. Is this an external enclosure designed to be disassembled? Or is this some type of network attached storage?

There's definitely risk in taking anything apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom