Help! Pc wont boot up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewxChau

Solid State Member
Well my friend is having a problem with his pc, he recently took his hd from another computer (a different brand name), and inserted it into his other, when he screws everything in, and plugs everything in, then plugs in the VGA, turns it on their is a beeping sound without any display except for plz check your monitor settings or osmething of the sort.

How can he fix this ?

Count the beeps. They are a BIOS code telling you what the problem is.

You also need to find out what BIOS his mobo has so it can be looked up.

Nice, very quick reply, thanks. I will find out and will make a reply.

How do i find out the bios?

ok he found out that his ram wasnt properlly inserted, now he has the error of disk cannot boot, he tryed screwing around the jumpers still no go, now what do you suggest he does?

Windows XP I assume? It doesn't like to be moved from one machine to another.

Honestly I don't know the solution. You can try booting to the recovery console an doing a FIXMBR and FIXBOOT. If that doesn't work, try a repair.

yeah, if you are running XP then it has failsafes in place so you dont switch around the harddrives like they did back in the days of 98. even then it only worked for so long. assuming you are using it as a master drive.

really, your only bet here is to format the harddrive and put windows back on it. if you have anything worthwhile to save, plug it into another computer as a slave and copy the files you want out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom