Help With OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrinker

Beta member
Yes I have 2 computers one recently messed up some how im not really sure but anyways, I need to install a NEW OS in it I went out and bought windows XP (vista to high), i go home try to intall it and i get this error message "Computer cannot find Hard Disk Drive" So i thought maybe my Hard drive was messed up i took a hard drive i had laying around and installed it into my PC but still no luck i keep getting the same error no matter what HDD i put into the computer? Maybe a different problem? Please HELP!

What is the Motherboard.?
What is the Harddrive.?
How is the harddrive attached? EIDE or SATA?
Is are the drives detected at POST?

If they are EIDE: What are the Settings, if there are optical drives on the same cable, are they set to slave and the HD set to master?

Try the HD on the cable alone, Disconnect the other HD (If you have one) or the other Optical Drive (If you have more than one). If you have one HD and one Optical Drive, put them on Separate EIDE Channels and change jumpers so they are both Master.

its a v600da motherboard no idea it worked before no prob. then one day i turned it on and i got error messages so i rebooted and now it says hard disk drive not found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom