help optical drives wont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hofulstrof

Baseband Member
ive got a problem with both my optical drives
one is a benq lighscribe drive and the other is just a samsun dvd burner.

when i have only the benq drive plugged in the system will not boot, the furthest it will get is to the black screen just before the xp loading screen come up. and the only way to open the cd tray is to do it manualy

when the samsung drive is plugged in the computer boots normaly, the drive is reconized in the divice manager, but if i stick a disk in the drive it wont reconize it,

any idea whats wrong ive tried changing the cable to it and that didntt make a difference.

the mobo is an asus m2n-e is maby the mobo gone bad?

well start out with the basics...check your jumpers and make sure the cables are in the right spot. I have had problems like this too but unfortunately mine were never resolved...haha

so you're only installing one drive at a time right? and the jumpers are set to master/single? sorry just tryin to get this right

sorry man, at one time both drives worked perfectly ,one set to master and the other to slave both were connected on the same cable, but now all of the sudden i have the probem that i listed above. so i hooked up one drive at a time to trouble shoot and i get the results i explained above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom