Help with nonsystem disk message>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

karentries

Beta member
I am a beginner! started pc up and right away comes up Nonsystem disk error.....no disk inside anywhere...easy instructrutions needed please!
I just got the pc from a yard sale, plugged it in and thats what I get....any & all help appreciated- thank you ahead of time....
karentries@yahoo.com

First thing, check to see if there is a floppy disk in the floppy drive, if there is take it out and boot it up again.

No OS installed or HD is not found. Check the BIOS see if there is a HD info there.

No Floppy or cd in any drive.....how exactly do you check the bios?
sorry - this is all new to me...

Hit the "Del" key every second or so as the machine is booting up. From there you can use the arrow keys to navigate your BIOS and see if it detects a hard drive. While you're there, find the boot device order and if there is a hdd, make sure it's set to boot from it.

More than likely whoever sold it wasn't going to leave there OS and files on it, so they formatted the drive. You'll need to install an OS.

Depending on the Make and Model of your machine you may need to hit Delete ( which is usually the industry standard ) while it boots up. If you start hitting Delete several times after you power on you should be able to access the bios...

Once you are there you need to check for boot device.
You need to see what order the boot device is set to.
Usually people boot to
Floppy, then Cd-ROM and last is the Hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom