Help, new PC wont start!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Method

In Runtime
Well ran into my first problem. Pressing the on button wont turn on the pc:freak:

Its getting power because the green LED on the mobo is shining, but cant actually boot up the PC.

I have the CPU power plugged in, the fans power leads, the big molex one to the mobo, the GFX 6 pin power leads are in.

What can i do:(

I would first make sure you have the 2 and 3 pin connectors that go from the say PWR switch, reset, PWR LED, etc etc plugged in correctly to the mobo... a quick test to see if it has power is hit the power button on the mobo to make sure instead of the button on the case. Double check all connections

i would say like dainius, it's likely that u do not have ur power switch connect properly.^some mobos, actually most do not have a mobo power switch.

Yeah I just put together my PC and had the same issue. Though I quickly new the problem. It was as Dainius stated. The Pwr switch was backwards. As soon as I turned it around it booted up great!

yea true... but i know absolutely nothing about his mobo so I figured I would throw it out there lol

Mobos in my sig, but ill try that, connectors are in the right place, but you say having them the other way round can fix the problem???

Ill give it a try!

And by switch on the mobo, what is there like a switch that can power up the PC manually from the mobo???

Nothing :(

I think there in correct, I even followed the picture guide given by asus...

So what will this MOBO power up button look like?

Still nothing, cant locate a switch on the mobo either. The power connectors for the switch are in the right place, according the picture supplied. The CPU, mobo and GFX all have there connectors plugged in. The LED on the mobo is lighting green to say it has power.

Brass spacers are there for every hole before screwing the mobo into them so there in there.

I dont know what to do, so fustrating and annoying.

Really p*ssing me off. I just built it outside the case and still no power up. Its not fried or anything because the mobo always has its green LED light up when power is connected, and I built the whole thing wearing rubber gloves.

The wire from the on and reset button are in the correct place and have moved them around in different positions to make sure there in correctly. And still, nothing :(

well if you have your mobo and cpu connectors from the pwr supply in correctly then I would be checking the PSU in another comp if possible to start the elimination process. Other than that I am at a loss except for the option of something may need to be RMA'ed. Good luck and keep us updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom