Help with new build!!! Urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodonebales

In Runtime
Hey, guys, I just got done piecing together a system. It's my first build, with the Intel Conroe E6400, ASUS P5NSLI motherboard, 2x512 meg of Buffalo PC5300 667GHz RAM, and an eVGA GeForce 7900GS GPU. I'm having a major problem that I was hoping someone might be able to help with. The first time it booted up, it was a bit shaky, I didnt have all the wires in order, leading to fans hitting wires and slowing down. Finally got that figured out, and it turned out that after the computer was on, I needed to hit the reset button for some reason to get it going. Then, it was working fine for a long time, with this problem happening intermittently. It had stopped for a while, and now the problem is back, but unsolvable. It seems that everything is working, but the monitor says No Signal Found. Also, when I press the reset button now, it seems to make the video card's fan come on and stay on until I release the reset button. Any ideas?

I've double checked everything a few times. Now it's up and running again...I just don't get it. It seems like the video card is pulling too much power or something, but I mean, 600W should be enough....

Hi! You're gonna have to check and re-check cables and connections. What about the processor? Post back if you have any questions.

I'll check again...Im not sure what you mean, "What about the processor"? It seems like everything's connected the right way. Quick question though, the power supply wires that come off of the power supply, can multiple things be plugged into single slots? Or does each have to have its own lead coming directly from the power supply?

Do you mean if multiple components can use same connectors from the power supply? As long as a device or component receives power from the PSU there shouldn't be any problems. You should check, though, with a multimeter that the wires are carrying the proper DC current. About the processor, I asked if you checked possibles issues with the CPU. Also, is the Mobo a PCI-express? If so, is the video card PCI-express too? Because if the video card is PCI there could be some issues with the Mobo. Are you sure it's not the video card? Post back.

The motherboard has 2 PCI-Express slots, and the video card is PCI-express. HOwever, now that you mention, when I was installing the video card, there were two slots for PCI-Express in case I wanted to do SLI. I dont, but in the manual it said, "For single video card, plug it into Blue slot" but on the board itself, it said Single Card with an arrow pointing to the black slot...I chose blue. Maybe I should've chosen black?

Try uninstalling the video card and do a clean install in the black slot. Follow the Motherboard instructions, that way you can rule out that issue. We're trying to narrow down the problem, you know what I mean? Also, do you have another PCIe video card to switch and see if there's an issue with your current one? One more thing: just in case, check your BIOS settings to see if PCIe is enabled; it could be configured to PCI instead...it doesn't hurt to double-check that. Always, start ruling out the basics. Post back if you have any questions or if you solve the issue so it can help others,ok? Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom