Help with new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hello all, hoping I can get a couple questions answered for me.

First, I'm using this Ram in my build:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145450

In the BIOS it lists it as 166mhz (ddr333)

I used all auto settings for my hardware, should I change this to (ddr400) 200mhz? Will it make a difference in performance if I do? Any other options I will need to look into if i change the defualt, I think their may have been a latency setting.

Also, I'm still using AGP until I can get my new video card, I see a option for AGP fast write in the BIOS and it is disabled, should I enable that? Will it improve AGP performance?

I think those would be my only questions for now. The X2 3800 seemed to be auto detected properly and shows both cores running at 2ghz. Just trying to do some tweaking, but don't want to mess up any of my hardware :)

You need to give use more details, specifically what motherboard you are using, to see what the board runs at.... if the board is a DDR 333 board, then it will NOT run the ram at DDR 400... it will auto under-clock it to its own DDR 333 speed.

My apology, I had already read in the manual it supported and had an option for ddr400 at 200mhz. I just did not know if I should mess with it.

Motherboard was free, so don't harass me about it too much hehe
Asrock Dual Sata: The one below
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157081

with AMD X2 3800 on stock heatsink/fan not OC, crummy 5500 AGP video card, and an Audigy 2ZS sound card.

Going to order a 7900GT but it's out of stock everywhere I have checked.

Ethereal Dragon of the UDIC? I was Samson Dragon in UDIC. =)

Actually, I set it to 200mhz and ddr400, things seem to be working fine. Using Sandra the ram settings say 2-3-3-8, and the settings on the NewEgg site say 2-3-3-6. How do I change the last part of the timing, or is this just what the motherboard allows? Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom