Help needed! I dont know what I'm doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sexywrxchick

Beta member
Hey guys I found this site on Google and I hope someone can help me because I suck with computer, I have an older Compaq Presario I think its from like 2001...Model 5010Us, well I moved and the hard drive was in the back of my wrx and I went around a corner and I heard my hard drive slide accorss my trunk and hit the other side so I knew this wasnt good, well I got moved in setup my computer and when I got to the xp signon screen and clicked my name it flashed my background and went right back to the logon screen...And kept cycling through, well I went out and bought another hard drive and hooked the compaq up as a slave and it let me into the other part of the computer which was my g/f's but when I clicked my name it said access denied, but I kept using the other hard drive and forgot about the original one....Well I moved again and setup my computer here and I heard a clicking noise when I went to boot it up the noise came from the compaq drive which I really didnt care about but my computer said no operating system found, dont ask why I have no clue how this happened, but when I hooked the compaq hard drive up as a slave it said the same thing, now I am using my roommates computer which happens to be the same compaq model but I want to hook the good hard drive up as a slave its the Quantum lct20 fireball and looked at the jumper diagram to hook it up as a slave but when I boot up her computer mine doesnt show up in my computer, any help here? Sorry this was so long....

April

that happens:
1. if you haven't activated XP (although it would ask you to activate)
2. if a virus is not letting you log on.
if it's not asking you to activate, I'd say it'a virus. the best way to get rid of viruses is to reformat (wipe the hard drive) although this also gets rid of files you do want.
first I'd recommend getting a bottable antivirus probram. there are some antivirus programs that you are able to boot from a CD, to scan and remove viruses if you cannot use your Operating System.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom