HELP my video card! :( - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2012, 02:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via Skype™ to FoxiStatis
Question HELP my video card! :(

Hey guys I just built a new computer with the following video card PowerColor HD7770 GHz Edition 1GB

I'm trying to triple screen and it doesn't seem to be picking up the adapter, which is

Amazon.com: KingWin Display Port to VGA Adapter/Active (DP-1): Computers & Accessories

I have three ports a DVI, HDMI, and a display port. None of my monitors have a display port so I wanted to get a display port to VGA basically what happens is Catalyst manager pick up the device as a VGA but wont send signal through it so I am stuck using 2 screens. Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong? Could the device be not functioning? If you need anymore information please ask!

FoxiStatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: HELP my video card! :(

Some adapters might not work. All I can figure if you are setting it up properly in CCC.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via Skype™ to FoxiStatis

Well alittle more information for people, it picks up the monitor and says "3: Display Device on VGA" then when I hit under multiple displays and put "Extend desktop" it says "Unable to save display settings." and I can't do anything with that. And to continue off of what you said PP Mguire I can't even see it in CCC but I can in windows which is weird. Thanks for the reply ^_^
FoxiStatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru

Have you tried using either DP? Also, try unplugging the other 2 to see if your adapter is working.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

To resolve your issue, simply replace your Kingwin DisplayPort to VGA adapter to Startech or AMD Eyefinity Validated Dongles( such as Accell brand - ACCELL Cables - Audio, Video, Speaker, Computer Cables and Interconnects
AnthonyQ03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adapter, carrots, eyefinity, radeon, video card