Help!!! My Pc Doesnt Turn On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem may be with the old AGP card. Newer mobos don't work with older AGP cards. If you don't have a newer AGP card try an older PCI video card in one of the PCI (not PCI-E slot) slots. I use an old PCI card to diagnose video problems-keep one in my toolbox for just such an emergency....:D

okay well i have tried every video card lol, 2 of em work with my current pc(agp one and the pci one.) the pci-e i just bought cant be put in this p.c cause its older.

dou reckon its the psu

Does the board power up (fan on CPU working) and you do not have video-or does nothing work-as if it was unplugged? If you are getting power to your Mobo and the cooling fan works then the problem is probably in the video/CPU/memory. I worked on a Tyan mobo once that did this very same thing and the memory was at fault-it was good, just incompatable. I swapped it for different ram and it worked. If you don't have power at the Mobo at all (the CPU fan doesn't work and no lights on the Mobo, etc) then the problem is with the Mobo/Power Supply.

it does power up, just no video output.
Okay well, its just that i have a crappy psu, the one that comes with the case,and i have two stick of ram, that are compatible, as it says so in the manual, as in model number.

I have no clue, does ne1 have msn, that would really help.

If you have a way to check out the ram in another computer, try that next. Sometimes you get faulty parts when they are new...even the mobo could be bad...however the ATX mobos usually will not power up when they are bad...not like the old AT mobos. I use Yahoo messenger for IM-user name: rlccomputers

omg now i have to download yahoo messanger, BUT i will do nething to fix my **** pc
okay i will add u in a few misn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom