Help!!!my Cdrom Does Not Read Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfueille

Beta member
HI..can you please help me guys!My CDROM does not read files like installer but it can write CDs and play a DVD..what must I do???I can't even reformat my computer since my CDROM can't read my installer. And I have tried it with another CDROM and still not work..PLEASE HELP.:(

hmm...what do you mean....like you put in a cd and nothing pops up? How about when you goto my computer? can you see your cd in the drive there? can you access any of the files....a different way whether it be thru MY COMPUTER...or command prompt?

twopointshotdr said:
hmm...what do you mean....like you put in a cd and nothing pops up? How about when you goto my computer? can you see your cd in the drive there? can you access any of the files....a different way whether it be thru MY COMPUTER...or command prompt?

yeah..i've tried that already..but then, there is no files in the cd..there is no logo and it reads free: 0 bytes, total space: 0 bytes...
but when i play a dvd, it plays the movie...and it can burn a cd as well...

talldude123 said:
Is the disc scratched or have fingerprints on it??

it matters where the cd is scratched, for eg if its scratched where the label suppose to be then the cd is finished but its scratched on the clear surface it should work because thats what its made for.

fingerprints, it will still read it but it will take longer than usual

sylwek said:
it matters where the cd is scratched, for eg if its scratched where the label suppose to be then the cd is finished but its scratched on the clear surface it should work because thats what its made for.

fingerprints, it will still read it but it will take longer than usual

i tried a newly bought installer..still, it does not work..huhuhu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom