help with mouse pauses

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocephin

Beta member
I recently did my first build and luckily it went ok without too many hitches. One issue has come up that I can't figure out so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My usb intellimouse will occasionally become unresponsive. Interestingly, pushing a key on the keyboard will unfreeze it. Its almost like it lags and then when I push a key, the pointer ends up in a diferent spot. I installed the most recent intellimouse drivers from microsoft and according to the control panel, the battery level is good. This mouse is also from an old computer and until now, has not had any issues. Anyone have any thoughts on what the problem may be and how to fix it?

here's my setup:
microsoft wireless intellimouse explorer 2.0 with recent drivers
athlon 3700+
asus a8n-sli deluxe mobo 1013 bios
2 gigs ocz ddr400
wd 740 hard disk
nvidia 7800 gt
saitek eclipse keyboard
winxp professional
dell 24 inch lcd

thanks in advance

All I can tell you is I've had problems in the past with USB mice, and I know a few people that have had the same problem.

I got so fed up with it I just switched back to PS/2

BASSMASTER said:
All I can tell you is I've had problems in the past with USB mice, and I know a few people that have had the same problem.

I got so fed up with it I just switched back to PS/2

Check your power saving options for the USB port in the device manager!

Attachments

• 4.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 842
Thanks for your replies, I took bassmaster's suggestion using my usb and ps/2 adapter and so far no pauses, so I think I won't mess with it as it works now. Nevertheless, thanks for your post 51 as I hope it'll help anyone else with a similar problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom