Help--motherboard Problem? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Help--motherboard Problem?

hi there... im new in this forum.. im not very good in PC hardware so i hope i can find help in this forum =). Im using pentium 4 (2006) on ECS board (2006). recently, my PC occasionaly experiences blackout.. and wont really boot at all. i checked the board & power connector and i noticed a "burn" on one of the power supply's pin or socket, pls. see my attached images (marked with green..nevermind my native words ). what do you think caused this problem? is it wise to seek repair (coz my warranty already expired)..or just buy a new one? --and by the way..i dont know where the problem is--motherboard or power supply?..
thanks for taking time to read this. thanks for the help! have a nice day to everyone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wawa1_resize.jpg (46.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg wawa2_resize.jpg (68.2 KB, 26 views)

Old 01-29-2008, 05:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Re: Help--motherboard Problem?

I would pull the board off out of the case and inspect the back of the board.
Will it still boot?

If so chances are that the board will be OK.I would say That the connection on that burnt out spot is not tight enough which will cause a spark to arc in the plug.

How does the plug on the board look?

If it is burnt bad but still intact I would try to clean it as good as possible and try to find another male end to splice in or get another power supply.

But you should still check the back of the board.
Closed Thread