Help-Monitor not displaying anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

providox

Beta member
My computer isn’t working, when I cut on the switch the computer powers on but nothing shows up on the monitor, its receiving power but the monitor light stays orange.

Here’s the things I’ve done so far:

Changed power supply
Unplugged cables, memory, cpu, cards, and reinstalled them
Changed memory
Changed IDE and power cables
Changed Monitor
Changed hard drive
Reset CMOS
Switched from onboard Video adapter to AGP Video Card
Changed Motherboard
Changed CPU

I’ve done all these things and still nothing, The computer powers up fully, cpu/psu fans spin, front panel light is green, yet the monitor still isn't displaying anything

It sounds like the computer isn't POSTing at all... Try to remove EVERYTHING you can, leave only CPU, RAM, Motherboard, and HDD.... see if that does anything...

Also, have you changed the cable between the tower & the monitor?
Have you tested the monitor on a known WORKING PC?

it would be pretty odd to be a posting problem since he change out, motherboard, memory,cpu, etc. wouldnt it? that would mean he has 2 bad motherboards,memory, and cpus, which is unlikely i suppose...

I'm also thimking monitor. I mean whats left right? By changed do you mean all new?

try taking out the AGP video card then plug in your monitor into the integrated graphics with the card removed and turn it on.

I've already tried powering it up with just motherboard, cpu, memory and hard drive, still didn't work.

Yes i have already tested the monitor it works on another PC, so i know the monitor is not the problem.

I have already tried inserting the monitor cable in both the onboard video port and the agp video port, still nothing.

All parts that i changed i used from a working PC

there is something missing to this story....you pluged the monitor into a working pc and it works. you used a working motherboard, cpu, memory and video card on the monitor and it doesnt work. theres something else....cuz that makes it work in 1 pc and not work in 2 pcs.

did you make sure you used the correct video card when testing...

example:

doesnt work = video card w/ doesnt work = monitor

working = video card w/ working = monitor

working = video card w/ doesnt work = monitor

doesnt work = video card w/ working monitor

etc..

providox said:
I have already tried inserting the monitor cable in both the onboard video port and the agp video port, still nothing.

yes, I know that you already tried this, but did you try it with the AGP card completely out of the computer? As in unplugged and sitting on your desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom