Help me Please! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good idea but unfortunately it won't work in my case. This process is gonna require my computer to recognize the hard drive. And i will be required to have access to it. but i dont. And for me to gain access to it i have to format it. But i can't because i want my files to be backed up b4 i format it.

Make sure your SATA cables are in working condition, and make sure the plugs are in the right slots.

One time my friend was having HDD problems and we couldn't figure it out. Then I swapped the SATA cable (for grins and giggles) and it actually worked. Turns out the cable was cracked and missing a pin on one end.

I opened the disk management. The harddrive im trying to back up is listed. It's even listed as an ntfs harddrive. Everything is good. The status is healthy and everything. But i can't access it. Also Again the HArddrive is SATA so it dont have jumpers to be set as a slave.

none of the cables were cracked. I talked to the guy from compusa. HE told me that there might be some security privileges that i have to change to my HD. Anyone know about these HD security??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom