HELP! Major Display problem! Monitor or Video Card ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmandu

In Runtime
The display on my monitor has collapsed/shrunk (on the sides) considerably. There are (2) large areas of black about (2) inches wide on each side. The left side of the display is curved in.

It has been doing this on/off for the last couple of weeks. It would shrink and then a few moments later pop back to normal size. It has now stayed in the collapsed/shrunk mode for the last (2) days.

How does one differentiate if this is a monitor issue or video card issue ??

TIA!

-ERIC

It is a monitor problem. If its an LCD hit the auto adjust button and if its a crt use the button's on the screen to put it back out to the edge's, and see if it stay's. Are you sure your resolution isn't changing?

Do you think your monitor might be overheating, i havn't had any problems like that but i know that sometimes heat causes big problem to monitors

FlashDude said:
It is a monitor problem. ... if its a crt use the button's on the screen to put it back out to the edge's, and see if it stay's. Are you sure your resolution isn't changing?
It's a 19" CRT. I did use the Deguass button and all the others to no avail.

The resolution is the same.

Guess it's time for a new monitor! :cool:

Trotter said:
Sounds like a good excuse to move up to a 19" LCD.

And that is EXACTLY what I just did! :cool:

Just bought a 19" LCD Acer_AL1916W for $169 SHIPPED from Buy.com !!! Actually Paid $14 MORE for faster shipping or it would've been $155 SHIPPED

I had a 8% OFF Coupon (from Buy.com) that I used to get the price down from $183. :p;) :eek:

http://www.buy.com/prod/Acer_AL1916...40_x_900_500_1_Black/q/loc/101/202166481.html

Found out after I did that the problem with my PC was my VIDEO card driver. It's NOT signed my XP. :( I had been having problems with it on/off since I bought it a few months back. Didn't realize the XP problem until after I installed it. :confused:

Live and Learn!

Oh well.... Got a NEW Monitor (AND Video Card) on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom