Help Loading Poker programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

noaskie

Solid State Member
For some reason out of no where my poker applet program (Paradise Poker) is not loading anymore. It just stalls and says "Resolving server name" and does not find a server when I try. I have checked and I dont think its firewalls or adware but I am not sure. Anyone can help me, have an idea of what to do?

When did this start ? Are you sure its not the PP server ? I have used paradise for a while and have seen it happen before. However I have also had to uninstall PP and reinstall it.

Oh ... btw, try out poker stars. I like it more than paradise.

yeah

yeah, it just happened I would say 1-2 weeks ago. Its effecting all poker programs so paradise poker and poker stars and party poker. None are loading and something is blocking it from connecting to the poker server on my lap top, not sure what, its definitely my computer though, not the internet connection or the site

ok.. sooooooo....

You don't have any firewall right ?
Do you have any antivirus running at startup ?
Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall ?

Have you scanned your machine lately for AD/Spy/virus ?

bradybnmci said:
ok.. sooooooo....

You don't have any firewall right ?
Do you have any antivirus running at startup ?
Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall ?

Have you scanned your machine lately for AD/Spy/virus ?

Well, as far as I know the only firewall I have running is "Windows Firewall" (the brick icon in the control panel). While my firewall is on, I have paradise poker and other poker sites listed in the exceptions area and I have not checked the "Do not allow exceptions" box. And I did try just turning the fire wall off and that did nothing.

I do have antivirus in the right corner as well Microsoft antispyware, I assume they are both running but I don't think turning them off will do it.

I have tried installing and uninstalling, hasnt' done the trick

Someone once recomended setting my computer back to a previous date but for some reason that didn't work. It may have been some spyware or adware on my computer thats for some reason not letting any poker applets connect to their designated servers. Its a confusing problem, its weird, but thanks for your help

bradybnmci said:
hmmmm....

did this start happening when you installed sp2 by anychance ???

im not sure what "sp2" is lol...Either way, thanks for your help, hopefully i can fix this problem, if not I can always use an alternate computer, it would just be nice to see the unusual source of the problem

welllll.... paradise pokers' faqs say that the windows firewall should be turned off while playing. Do you know how to do this ?

bradybnmci said:
welllll.... paradise pokers' faqs say that the windows firewall should be turned off while playing. Do you know how to do this ?

I assume you just go into the firewall and press turn off but im not sure if thats sufficient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom