HELP - Limited Virtual Memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiotUK

Beta member
Hi Guys.

I am recieving the following error when logging onto my user at this home pc.

"Limited Virtual Memory - Your system has no paging file or the paging file is too small.
To fix this problem, go to system in control panel, click the advanced tab and under performance, click settings on the advanced tab, click change. Click 'custom size' and then type an initial or maximum paging file size."

I went to do what it says however i have no idea what im actually meant to or what size i should type in.

Some screenshots:

error18od.png

error23uq.png

PLEASE help me guys ASAP. It's much appreciated :)

- Riot
or reply in this thread.

Re:

Hello,

How much RAM do you have in your system?

You've currently only got 127MB of HDD space allocated for virtual memory (swap / page file). Looks like you need to set your virtual memory size again.

The known rule is to set both the Initial and Maximum sizes to 1.5 times the amount of RAM you have installed in your system.

For example, if you have 1GB of RAM, multiply it by 1.5 and the optimal page file size is 1536MB.

Further information available in the following guide:

http://www.petri.co.il/pagefile_optimization.htm.

You are using more page file space than what you have specified.

Change the setting to "system managed size"

Hey guys.

I tried each of your suggestions ^^ and i still got the same error everytime i log on.
It seems to have affected alot things including my hard drive, sound etc. I can't reboot my comp because it wont pick up any cd entered and no sound works. Also i keep gettings errors that close my msn and sometimes shutdown my computer...
I feel i cant do anything to help it! as my last option was to re boot but i cant do that!
Please, any suggestions!?

Thanks

I'm not sure whats wrong with it. You may want to try making a new partition on the current disk with a program like Partition magic and configure it to be the page file. Make it around 1200MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom