help with installing my P6N SLI FI mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhode2nowere

Baseband Member
I just bought basically a new setup, i got...

Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz processor
EVGA 8800GTS video card
2GB Patriot DDR2 800 RAM
and a MSI P6N SLI FI Motherboard

my problem is my monitor is receiving no signal from the Video card. my mobo doesn't have a video output for some reason, just a parallel port, so i plugged my monitor into the Video card, but no signal. i hear the computer start up, all the fans are running, all the lights are lit up, i just can't see whats going on. any ideas? are there any possible connection problems. this was my first time hooking up a motherboard, could i have mixed up any wires to make this happen?

yes. well, i took off this clip over it, and used an 8 pin. my power supply had an adapter on it so it could work in my old MoBo. i took that off and used the 8 pin.

i just put the adapter back on and put it in place, no different result. still the same thing.

No, if it's 8-pin, you're suppose to connect all 8-pins. It needs it to work to it's full potential. Anyways, did you connect the 6-pin power connector to the VGA?

yup, the 6 pin connector is in the Videocard too. used both the adapter for that two (the 2 4 pin connectors into the 6 pin) and the regular 6 pin from my power supply. both still power the video card just fine. the fan is spinning. i have the adapter off now.

i have all the Power LED pins and HDD LEDs in, power and reset switch, and speaker pin put in, the ATX 24 pin in right, the IDE connectors are in, a SATA drive is in, i don't have a floppy to put in. i don't have anything in the Serial port connector (JCOM1) or the front USB connectors, even though i have USBs on my case. the videocard is in the first PCIx slot, and the memory is in the first of each color. all fans are hooked up and work.

i did that too. EVGA gave me 2 VGA => DVI adapters. i used them both in both ports. neither give a signal.

Wow. This just seems to be your monitor. I don't really know what is wrong with your monitor.. everything I have suggested you to do was through personal experienced. Sorry! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom