erwin

Solid State Member
Hello,
I am wondering if someone can tell me what this means
NO SPLASH BMP FOUND AT $HOSTEXEC/WORKFLOW/GUI/SPLASH BMP
ALSO WHAT THIS MEANS
WORKFLOW HAS CAUSED AN ERROR IN KERNELL 32.DLL WORKFLOW WILL NOW CLOSE
THANKS SO MUCH.

need more information. when did this error occur, was it during the bootup process? on the desktop? what operating system? have you installed anything recently?

Hi
Well let me answer your questions you asked.
Let me start by telling you that last week I tried to connect my daughters laptop to our internet service (dsl). Followed directions that I was given about changing the modem to bridge mode etc. Well even doing everything that I was told to do still didn't get the laptop connected. So now I have redone the computer to factory restore and pushed the reset button the modem hoping to put it back to the way I had gotten it also. Computer came up just fine but when I went to load my dsl yahoo installer cd it came up with the no splash thing then when i clicked the installer off because it would not come up on screen the kernell.dll thing came up. I do not know a lot about computers and probably shouldn't have tried to connect the laptop but can't change that now. Any help u can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

windows ME is half your problem. it is the most unstable windows since NT.

when you say you redid the computer to factory restore, you mean you reformatted it? because that wasnt really neccesary...have you called tech support for your DSL service? if not, that should be your first course of action.

Your first mistake was installing that horrible Yahoo! DSL software. I had a friend who did that and it took a lot of work to get rid of it all. Easiest way is to to another format and reinstall. Then just connect the laptop to the router and run the network setup wizard.

If you still can't get on, come back here and we can help you further.

In my experience (not a lot, but some), splash.bmp is usually just a background file for a setup screen or somesuch. kernel32, though . . . the kernel is the core of the operating system. If something's screwing that up, something's likely seriously wrong with it. In this case, though, as someone's already said, it may just be because you have WinME.

Sounds to me like maybe you have a bad install CD. It does happen; in fact, we used to have Yahoo and we had a bad install CD as well. I don't remember the exact error messages ( it was over two years ago, but the splash.bmp error sounds familiar), but we ended up having to send in for another install CD. Then it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom