Help Help Help Fans On, thats it been through everything - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Help Help Help Fans On, thats it been through everything

Hi. I found this forum on Google. I'm an newbie, please help!

My system stopped turning on altogether yesterday. No boot, fan, or anything. I suspected the PS (cheap Thermaltake 430w), and bought a new Corsair 400W. Nothing changed. No boot. Brought both PS and the motherboard to Fry's. They hooked the Thermaltake up to a tester and it worked, although the tech said it may power the tester but not a system??? Hooked the Thermaltake up to my MB, and viola, it powered on in the store (I brought just the board to the store). I returned the Corsair and went home. Hooked everything back up (no video card this time), and the fans came on, not boot. Put the card back in (it fits awkwardly), no boot, no fan. Went back to Fry's, bought an ASUS motherboard, tried everything again. Again, fans on, no boot, no video. Video card in, no power althogether. I even pulled out the RAM, no drives are hooked up. HELP!

Old 07-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to yzmxer608
Default Re: Help Help Help Fans On, thats it been through everything

Can your psu power all of your components sufficiently? If it worked just using the mobo, all of your other components might be too much for it to handle. Do you have a larger psu you could try out?

Old 07-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Help Help Help Fans On, thats it been through everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzmxer608 View Post
Can your psu power all of your components sufficiently? If it worked just using the mobo, all of your other components might be too much for it to handle. Do you have a larger psu you could try out?
It powered my entire system for over a year. I do zero gaming and just use a 2600xt PCI-E video card for HD Decoding. All I am trying to get right now is some video to troubleshoot. It has zero drives hooked up to lessen the electrical load.
Closed Thread