HELP! HDD problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
Well everything was running fine for a few weeks.... today suddenly everything froze up. so i rebooted and now BIOS can't detect my SATA hdd. is there something I can do?

The hdd is spinning...i can feel it when i put my hand on it. it's not really making any weird noises. whats going on?

try to start your computer bare except for the Hdd. no agp or sound cards, and perhaps pull out a stick of ram (I assume you have 512 on two slots...)

okay...that produced the same results...

it posts and boots to BIOS just fine. just for some reason it wont detect hdd. maybe it died? i can RMA it....but I'd hate to RMA a hdd with all my data on it...

the hdd is less than a month old. ill run by the pc shop tomorrow and see if i can find a SATA connector.

just out of curiosity...what would an XP repair do?

molsen said:
the hdd is less than a month old. ill run by the pc shop tomorrow and see if i can find a SATA connector.

just out of curiosity...what would an XP repair do?

If it detects the drive then the repair may fix the problem. But its gotta see the drive first.

yea.... as of now it can't even see the drive. ill try the repair thing though.

ive been having some freezes lately. the screen would just completely freeze and no input/output would respond. and i'd need to restart to gain any control back

is this a symptom of a failing hdd? i thought it was maybe because my overclock was a little unstable. so i brought it down 100mhz and tested it alot with prime95 and s&m. it still froze up agian...and that's where i am now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom