Help With GPU that unexpectedly died/failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

calimer

Solid State Member
Hi, I recently posted about having a problem with a fuzzy monitor so I purchased a fan kit for my GPU because the old fan had burnt out. I installed the fan and when I tried to load up the computer, the monitor was not working, blinking yellow instead of the normal green. However it seems like it was sensing something since it wasn't giving the "unplugged" message. The computer doesn't seem to have an onboard monitor plug, so now I'm using a 223mhz comp and windows 98, haha. I'm really wondering why the card stopped working and any suggestions to try to get it working again. I've handled tons of cards before and never had one just stop working. Thanks for your time. Take care.
-mike
PS the card was a geforce 5600 AGP (also I tried another monitor, no dice, and the monitor is working on this comp)

I really wish I had one, I would love to save myself some time and cash by getting the old one to work again but I don't know what to try. I have tried putting it back in several times and also took off the fan but no luck. Thanks for your time!!!
-mike

Depending on how long the card was working without a fan it could have easily burned out. The Fans keep the card from over heating and without them in use they will burn out after a period of use.

You say you replaced the fan now, but the damage could have easily been done by now. there may be no hope for the card and have to get a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom