Help! Fast!

Also, the AMD Download/installer is stuck and has been stuck for a good 20 minutes, what should i do?

I am not under warranty though, will I need it to get my fan fixed?
Sounds like your fan is working fine (according to how you're describing it). It should be silent while idle / doing less tasks and when more intensive tasks (such as games) are running, then the fan should kick into higher gear and spin faster.

In the mean time... do as suggested previously and clean the vents out with canned air if you haven't done so yet.
Make sure the fan you're using to blow cool air under the raised laptop is blowing air fast enough.
You can also feel if the air blowing out is still super hot.
If you're still having heat issues, then it may be a good idea to get the laptop repasted. If you're not comfortable tearing your laptop down to get to the CPU/GPU, then you'll want to take it into a repair shop and ask them if they can repaste your laptop's CPU/GPU.

Also, in the mean time, game at a lower resolution and slightly lower graphical settings if you can so you're not heating your laptop up a lot - a lot of heat can kill components if they're put under heat stress for long periods of time. If your battery is anywhere near your CPU/GPU and is getting hot...then it's definitely being affected as well. Heat kills batteries like crazy.

Also, the AMD Download/installer is stuck and has been stuck for a good 20 minutes, what should i do?

Is your HDD light blinking at all to show any indication that it's doing anything?

I am not under warranty though, will I need it to get my fan fixed?

Either call or email acer customer support see what options they will give you for out of warrenty service.
They may offer you extended or new warrenty service if the price seems reasonable go ahead and get it.

Go to your browser and cancel the download wait a few minutes and retry it.
If nothing gives it maybe a server issue on their end.

Just make sure you don't keep playing until it shuts off, it might eventually fry something.
My buddy who had a 7600 gpu on his laptop burnt it off and was only able to use his laptop without gpu drivers installed.

Thanks for all the help guys :) Ill do all the above and report back here in a weeks playing time. If something occurs before that I will post it here!

Thanks for all the help guys :) Ill do all the above and report back here in a weeks playing time. If something occurs before that I will post it here!
I would HIGHLY suggest not just playing without trying to get it cooler, otherwise like I said previously (and krazyq as well), you could damage components if they are that hot for extended periods of time.

Do what I listed here as soon as you can, IMO:

In the mean time... do as suggested previously and clean the vents out with canned air if you haven't done so yet.
Make sure the fan you're using to blow cool air under the raised laptop is blowing air fast enough.
You can also feel if the air blowing out is still super hot.
If you're still having heat issues, then it may be a good idea to get the laptop repasted. If you're not comfortable tearing your laptop down to get to the CPU/GPU, then you'll want to take it into a repair shop and ask them if they can repaste your laptop's CPU/GPU.

One last thing though, should I be using the AMD Gaming Evolved App?

It's not necessary.

Quick update guys!!! Iv been playing literally all day (9 hours straight) with no problems at all! Temps have stabalized. I did however buy a compressed air thing and blew the vents out, aswell as getting a cooling pad + my fan i already had. Will update tomorrow!

I'd say blowing the vents out + airflow was the biggest help.

What are your temps now?

Back
Top Bottom