Help! Fast!

It won't really make a difference. If it were blowing air into the intake vents then it might help.

Ah, so even if its slightly blowing cool air into the outake air vents it wont "clog" up the vent persay? It should im guessing, just want to make sure!

No it cannot handle that not on the laptop itself.
Your acer is a 15.6 inch screen the most you'll get is: 1366*768.

OP is talking about through the external monitor, not on the laptop's display.

Okay, so here is the setup! Tell me if this is suitable!

IS7xmz1.jpg

Yes that should be fine. That's pretty much exactly what I did with my old laptop to keep it cool while gaming.

Make sure you blow out your vents with canned air still so that the vent aren't clogged up with dust.

Are the temps any better with the fan blowing cool air underneath the laptop, or are they the same?

So I took out the monitor and just looked at my temps with and without the monitor while playing wow and they were both the same temperature... which was odd because why was when the monitor was running my laptop was crashing but it had the same temperature as just my laptop running and my laptop did not crash... but yes. there seems to be a temp improvement!

So what are your temps now?

You can post a screenshot of HWMonitor if you want, if that's easier.

They are as followed:

AMD A10-4600M: Temp: Package: 116 C (93 C being the min, 128 C being the max)
(I think this one might be bugged or something, thats 250 F and thats ridiculously hot)

AMD Radeon HD 7660G: Temp: 64 C (43 C being min, 68 C being max)

Now the weird thing is, these are the SAME temps even when im NOT running the monitor...

They are as followed:

AMD A10-4600M: Temp: Package: 116 C (93 C being the min, 128 C being the max)
(I think this one might be bugged or something, thats 250 F and thats ridiculously hot)

AMD Radeon HD 7660G: Temp: 64 C (43 C being min, 68 C being max)

Now the weird thing is, these are the SAME temps even when im NOT running the monitor...

@Carnage I already knew what he meant he did question if that current resolution would work on the laptop itself.
Please look at what hes questioning more closely.

Apollo just to be sure that laptop is giving you the right tempatures.
Restart the laptop and go into your bios,check system health and look at the tempature for the apu/aka cpu.

Tell us what that says, any amd chip hitting 85 degrees would shut down to prevent itself from overheating and dying.
Also when you get back to your windows desktop tell us which catalyst driver version you have installed.

I have a feeling that maybe the culprit but I need to look at the driver version first online.

Last edited:
@Carnage I already knew what he meant he did question if that current resolution would work on the laptop itself.
Please look at what hes questioning more closely.
The way you worded your response made it sound like you didn't read the thread that he was using an external monitor.

Apollo just to be sure that laptop is giving you the right tempatures.
Restart the laptop and go into your bios,check system health and look at the tempature for the apu/aka cpu.

Agreed - double check with BIOS and see if it has temp sensor info there.

Back
Top Bottom