Help! Fast!

Apollo123

Baseband Member
Okay so here is the deal. I am using a Acer V3-551G-X419 laptop to play WoW on with good graphics and it has been doing fine for the past year. I jut recently got a monitor to plug into my laptop so i can play with a bigger screen (my laptop's resolution only goes to 1360xsomething) The monitor I got is 1920x1080 (so much bigger). When I use a cable to plug the monitor into my laptop, I put it to where only my new monitor is running while my laptop's screen is black. I just set my laptop to the side and halfway close it. I can play for about 1 hour before my laptop seems to be overheating and then shutting off? It makes a click sound then shuts down. Is this from overheating? My laptop is very hot after it shuts down. What can I do to solve this issue! HELP!

What are your GPU/CPU temps while running the game? Monitor it using HWMonitor.

But yes, most likely it's shutting off due to heat. When it does this, are you unable to power it back on for some time? If so, definitely due to heat. You'll want to blow the dust out of the fan(s), get a laptop cooler or put it somewhere that it can get proper airflow (underneath the laptop), and possibly even repaste the CPU/GPU heatsinks.

Checking on that now! Can you please check this post readily, I need someone to talk me through it! Not to savy with all this tech stuff:/

o_O

If that's accurate that's WAY hot.

You definitely need to clean out the vents with canned air. That and get a laptop cooling pad. Re-applying thermal paste would be a good idea as well.

For now, crank the resolution and/or graphic settings down and it shouldn't produce so much heat.

Thanks for the help, ill try my best! I posted this on another forum page and someone said that my laptop just cannot handle the 1920x1080 resolution monitor, is that the case?

Okay, so what im worried about is that my laptop just cannot handle it, does someone mind looking at the specs of the laptop I linked above in the OP? I am using a 1920x1080 monitor hooked up to it, while running World of Warcraft/Soundcloud.

Thanks for the help, ill try my best! I posted this on another forum page and someone said that my laptop just cannot handle the 1920x1080 resolution monitor, is that the case?
If you can properly cool it, it could run fine (depending on the game). But that's the key: keeping it cool.

ALSO< PROP UP YOUR LAPTOP TO allow the comp to breath. I run mine with the backend up. Drops temps a lot.

Yup, this as well. I had to prop my old Asus G73 up on a stack of books, and then have a desk fan blowing cool air under the bottom of the laptop, otherwise it would overheat/shutdown while playing Skyrim. Luckily my MSI lets me manually control the fan...and stays way cooler. Though I hear the Asus G75's are better with cooling now.

I do have a fan I could use! And I can prop it up, but has anyone looked at the specs of the laptop? If not here they are!

Processor: AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 2.30 GHz
Installed Memory: 6.00 GB (5.45 GB usable)

More info about the whole graphics thingy:
Processor AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 2300 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

It also says the graphics Chipset is: AMD Radeon HD 7660G

Will my laptop be able to run the monitor (1920x1080) without destroying my laptop? I can put books under it/fan under it! I will link a pic of the setup in a sec!

Back
Top Bottom